Terms and Conditions
ECUADOR ECO ADVENTURE
5 Vienna, Riobamba, Ecuador
Office: 032924202; Cellphone 0998311282
In order to achieve excellence in the quality of our expeditions and tours, we put into consideration the following terms and conditions for our clients to agree and be contractually obligated by.
- Your contract is with Ecuador Eco Adventure, which legally operates under the name of Salazar tours Ltda. with registration number 0601040931 and registered office at 5 Vienna, Riobamba, Ecuador. Ecuador Eco Adventure is hereinafter referred to as ‘the Company’ or ‘we’ in respect of these Terms and Conditions, which apply to all of the tours in our website and personalized tours or programs.
- The Client or ‘you’ is the person whose details appear and who submits this booking You confirm that you have authority to sign on behalf of all other people within your group, for whom you will be responsible for in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
2.2 The Client acknowledges that payment for the tour is a fundamental part of the company’s income and contributes to the overall cost of equipment, running costs, staffing, administration, payment to guides, park permits etc., and that the Company will have incurred the largest part of its costs before the actual Date of Departure.
- In order to finalize the booking, the client must make a deposit of 30% of the total amount of the specified tour The client must pay the other 70% directly in the company office in Ecuador, unless otherwise mentioned by a representative of the company.
Proviso: Clause 2.2 does not apply for tours or packages for the Amazon or the Galapagos Islands. In this case, the full amount has to be paid prior to the commencement of the tour and also to finalize the booking.
- The Contract between the Company and the Client will come to effect and be binding on both parties with effect from the date that notification of the acceptance of the deposit has been sent by the Company to the
- In the case of international payments, the Client will ensure that the Company receives the full USD amount after all bank charges and interest rate fluctuations have been
- We reserve the right for whatsoever reason to return the deposit to you and refuse acceptance of your application for booking at any time, including after the commencement of the tour, subject to as otherwise expressly provided within these Terms and
3 Cancellations and Refunds
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- Payments for Amazon and Galapagos Islands tours are non-refundable.
- For tours other than the Amazon and Galapagos Islands tours: If payment has been made in full, the client is entitled to a refund of 30% of the total amount if, and only if, a written cancellation notice has been submitted 10 OR MORE THAN 10 DAYS BEFORE the date of commencement of the
- After the Departure Date, no refund for any unused portion or part of the tour or services to be provided will be given. If the Client of their own volition makes any alteration to or departs from, any portion of part of the tour, such alteration or departure will be entirely at the Client’s expense and liability and the Client will forthwith communicate in writing the reason for leaving to the tour
4 Cancellations by The Company
- The Company reserves the right to cancel the Client’s tour, however, the Company will normally not do so unless forced to do so by virtue of unforeseen circumstances such as flight cancellations, civil or political unrest or “force Majeure” or on group tours where minimum numbers have not been reached, or other matters it could not foresee or
- In the event of cancellation caused by unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances such as flight cancellations, civil or political unrest, “force Majeure”, or human or manmade disaster, the Company will endeavor to reimburse any amount that it can retrieve from its
- In the event of any cancellation, the Company will not accept liability for any consequential expenses that the Client may incur as a result of cancellation or for any other loss or damage howsoever caused arising out of In all cases it is up to the Client to have suitable insurance to cover any additional losses not covered by the Company’s policy of reimbursement due to cancellation and to have booked flights that are sufficiently flexible to accommodate change/cancellation.
5 Changes by the Company
- It is unlikely that the Company will have to make any changes to its Occasionally changes may occur without prior notice for reasons over which we have no control. The Company reserves the right to make changes without prior notice at any time, both before and during the tour. It is agreed that a published itinerary constitutes only an indication of what the tour is planned to accomplish and is not to constitute a contractual obligation on the part of the Company.
- The Client agrees that the nature of the tours offered by the Company requires a degree of flexibility and that the contents and timings of the tour (including the arrival time at the tour’s destination, changes in route or method of transport) may be materially and consequentially effected as a result of ‘force majeure’, weather, local political conditions, man made or natural disasters (including landslides, quakes and severe flooding), strikes, entry or border difficulties, mechanical breakdowns, flight cancellations, sickness or other unforeseen You agree to accept this flexibility and to accept that we cannot be held responsible for delays and alterations in the schedule, or for expenses incurred as result of any delay or alterations arising from any such circumstances over which we have no control.
6 Client Responsibility
- The client is solely responsible for intimating the company about food restrictions or allergies, if any, minimum of 10 days prior to the commencement of the
- If the starting point of a particular tour is Riobamba, it is the client’s sole responsibility to make travel arrangements to reach the city at the time stipulated by the Company in its communication with the client.
- The client agrees to sign a separate disclaimer contract prior to the commencement of the tour in the Company’s office, as well as a disclaimer for national park permits.
- You must ensure you are medically fit to travel and participate in the tour. We accept no responsibility for any losses you incur or any element of the tour that you are unable to participate in, on account of your health or fitness. It is your responsibility to ensure that you research your intended destination(s) and activity(s) to determine whether you are able to participate and that you are at the required level of fitness to undertake the tour.
- The client agrees acknowledges the fact that, as a policy, our company does its best to support the local economy by hiring local guides that may belong to the indigenous communities of Ecuador, a majority of whom do not speak English. If the client specifically request for an English speaking guide at least 10 days prior to the commencement of the tour, the Company shall make a reasonable effort to arrange the
7 General Conditions
- The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any clause within these terms and conditions shall not affect the continuation in force of the remainder of these terms.
- The Contract shall be construed in accordance with Ecuadorian law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Ecuadorian Courts to settle any disputes, which may arise out of or in connection with the Contract.