The Chimborazo Acclimatization package was made for people with limited time in Ecuador that want to reach the summit of Chimborazo. Its aimed at helping you acclimatize and adapt to high-altitude so you have a greater chance of reaching Ecuador’s highest summits such as Mount Chimborazo.
This Mountain Climbing Tour has 2 steps:
- Climb Carihuairazo: This is a 2 day climb of Carihuairazo, the twin mountain next to Chimborazo, is a great training ground for Chimborazo or for beginers and inexperienced climbers.
- Climb Chimborazo: This is the largest mountain in Ecuador and its 6’310 meters (20,565 ft) equatorial summit is the closest point to the sun on earth.
We recommend for climbers to get well acclimatized prior the start of the expedition. Chimborazo can be a difficult trek, though without much technical experience needed. To insure your chance and experience of reaching the peak of Chimborazo, we recommend some time for your body to adapt to the altitude, so you can be in your best condition.
Mountain Refuge: Chimborazo climb starts from Carrel refuge, unfortunatly Whymper refuge is not availible due to a lease given to a private company which mantain it closed to the public for sleeping.
Ask for the high altitude camp as an alternative.
Do you want to Climb Chimborazo?
Note: This same Package can be aplied for Cotopaxi.
- If Alone $975 – 1 climber / 1 guide
- If 2 people $825 – 2climbers / 1 Guide
Are you up for the adventure? Contact us:
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Day Hike
- Group Size Small Group
Expedition starts on request, with 1 or 2 Climbers per guide
- ALL Equipment: snow boots, crampons, ice axe, etc
- Acomodation in Riobamba 1 day prior the tour and in between for resting (see Itinerary)
- Warm clothing suitable for climbing the mountain
- Transportation to and from Mount Chimborazo
- Entrance permits to the Chimborazo National Park
- Accommodation in the Refugio (Base Camp)
- Dinner in the Refugio before the climb
- Snacks and Drinks during the climbAll breakfasts, lunches and dinners & dining
- Travel insurance and other emergencies.
- Extra snacks and water
- small back pack to carry snacks to the summit
Transfer from Riobamba to Carihuairazo refuge. Lunch and short trek in the afternoon 5 pm Dinner
3 am start the trek to Carihuairazo base, and summit by 6-8 am Return to refuge Brekfast and return to Riobamba
Riobmaba - Chimborazo
Resting Transfer to Chorreras Lodge 4000 mts
At 1 pm we start the drive for Chimborazo mountian, after checking gear and suplies, inthe entrance to the national park we register the group and continue to carrel refuge. once there we wait for 5 pm dinner, and then rest unitl 10 pm. Group gets ready and starts climbing by 11 pm
Summit is expected by 6-8 am, 8 been the latest, then we return to refuge for breakfast, and return to Riobamba at the end.