Climb Chimborazo in Ecuador South America.
Chimborazo is the largest mountain in Ecuador and its 6,310 meters (20,565 ft) equatorial summit is the closest point to the sun on Earth. Our experienced high-altitude mountain guides are certified with the Ministry of Environment and Tourism to work inside Chimborazo National Park as well as ASEGUIM, the national mountain climbing association of Ecuador.
Training for Chimborazo: We recommend for climbers to get well acclimatized for Chimborazo prior to starting the expedition. Chimborazo is a difficult climb but it’s not a complete technical climb and most of the ascent is a steep trek up the side of the mountain.
Climb Chimborazo Costs:
- $400 – 1 climber / 1 guide
- $290 – 2 climbers / 1 Guide
Prior to taking the challenge of climbing Ecuador´s highest peak, we suggest climbers train for Chimborazo, doing smaller mountains or multiple day treks enhances the chances for better acclimatization.
Are you up for the adventure? Contact us:
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level High-Altitude Climbing
- Group Size Small Group
Expedition starts on request, with 1 or 2 Climbers per guide
- Mountain Climbing insurance
- ALL Equipment: snow boots, crampons, ice axe, etc
- Warm clothing suitable for climbing the mountain
- Transportation to and from Mount Chimborazo
- Entrance permits to the Chimborazo National Park
- Accommodation in the Refugio (Base Camp)
- Dinner in the Refugio before the climb
- Snacks and Drinks during the climbAll breakfasts, lunches and dinners & dining
- Travel insurance and other emergencies.
- Extra snacks and water
- Small back pack to carry snacks to the summit
Riobmaba - Chimborazo
At 1 pm we start the drive for Chimborazo mountian, after checking gear and suplies, inthe entrance to the national park we register the group and continue to carrel refuge. once there we wait for 5 pm dinner, and then rest unitl 10 pm.
Group gets ready and starts climbing by 11 pm
Summit Chimborazo - Riobamba
Summit is expected by 6-8 am, 8 been the latest, then we return to refuge for breakfast, and return to Riobamba at the end.