Chimborazo High Camp
Chimborazo High Camp enhances the chances of reaching the summit of Ecuador´s highest peak, by cutting the effort in almost half, and starting at 5400 m, Vs 4800m which is the altitude of Carrel refuge is located, from where most people start the climb.
That means that our clients will have a 600 m heads start, and the attack to the summit is only 900 m and can take 5-6 hours, this is huge leverage over the other climbers.
Ideally, this is a 4-day package where climbers take some time to get better acclimatization prior to the climb, good physical condition is also a key factor into making the summit as it takes endurance and stamina to overcome the difficulties of the climb, even though Chimborazo is not a technical climb, it takes 6-7 hours to reach the summit, trekking in snow with crampons and special mountain gear.
- If Climbing alone $625
- If 2 people $515 per person
We have been using this method since 2018 and it gives us a success rate of 80%, and as of 2020 we are implementing the use of Oxygen at an additional cost of $30 which is optional
This video is taken at 6 pm by one of our guides, with Austrian clients, this was only possible due to the high-camp and perfect weather conditions.
Climbers can add other climbs prior to this too as Cotopaxi or Carihuiarazo as a goal to train for the maximum summit in Ecuador
Climb Chimborazo with the best!
Need a partner? Find companions with our Open Dates and tours here
Are you up for the adventure? Need more info? Contact us:
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeLuxuary
- Activity Level High-Altitude Climbing
- Accommodation in Eco Lodge at 4000 m
- Dinner and Breakfast at the lodge
- Accommodation in Riobamba the day prior to the start of the climb
- ALL Equipment: snow boots, crampons, ice axe, etc
- Warm clothing suitable for climbing the mountain
- Transportation to and from Mount Chimborazo
- Entrance permits to the Chimborazo National Park
- Accommodation in the Refugio (Base Camp)
- Dinner in the Refugio before the climb
- Snacks and Drinks during the climb breakfasts, lunches and dinners & dining
- Camping gear and porters
- Travel insurance and other emergencies.
- Extra snacks and water
- Small back pack to carry snacks to the summi
Transfer to Chacana refuge at 4000 m – from here you can trek on your own up to 5000 m and return to 4000 to rest and recover, this practice is even used for Everest where people climb to higher camps and return to make better acclimatization.you will have dinner and breakfast provided
Trek to Carrell refuge on your own, night in carrell at 4800 m with meals dinner and breakfast also provided
TRekk to high camp
10 am pick up and trek to 5300 m where the campsite is based.Dinner at 5 pmmidnight start climb you carry your oxygen aid if requested
summit 6-8 amreturn to camp breakfastReturn to Riobamba – end of services.