Climb Carihuairazo; This is a 2 day climb, Carihuairazo is a twin mountain next to Chimborazo, standing 5600 mts tall (16000 feet) is a great training ground for Chimborazo, or just for beginers and inexperienced climbers, it could be a great challenge and first experience.
The Carihuairazo expedition, starts from the mountain refuge, of Mecha Huasca, next to Chimborazo, the group trekks for about 3-4 hours to glacier base, once there, the climb takes about 3.4 hours.
Carihuairazo is also a great training ground for people that want to climb any of the biggest peaks of Ecuador; like Cotopaxi or Chimborazo
Climb Carihuairazo Acomodation:
We work with the indigenouse communities in Carihuairazo and rio colorado community, they run a basic but comfortable refuge calle Mecha huasca.
Finally don´t forget to check out our AMAZING ADVENTURE TOURS.
Would you like to know more?
Please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands Adventure tours
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Difficult Trek
Group Size Small Group
Climb Carihuairazo expedition is made on request with 1-2 climbers.
- ALL Equipment: snow boots, crampons, ice axe, etc
- Warm clothing suitable for climbing the mountain
- Transportation to and from Mount Chimborazo
- Entrance permits to the Chimborazo National Park
- Accommodation in the Refugio (Base Camp)
- Dinner in the Refugio before the climb
- Snacks and Drinks during the climbAll breakfasts, lunches and dinners & dining
- Travel insurance and other emergencies.
- Extra snacks and water
- small back pack to carry snacks to the summit
Transfer from Riobamba to Carihuairazo refuge.
Lunch and short trek in the afternoon
5 pm Dinner
3 am start the trek to Carihuairazo base, and summit by 6-8 am
Return to refuge
Brekfast and return to Riobamba