Climb Mount Cotopaxi
Climb Mount Cotopaxi
Climb Mount Cotopaxi; Cotopaxi Volcano, in the Cotopaxi National Park is the second largest mountain in Ecuador and its 5,897m (19,347ft) summit makes it one of the largest active volcanoes in the world.
Mount Cotopaxi is the most popular climb in Ecuador because of its stunning views of the crater at the summit and because backpackers with no mountain climbing experience can attempt the climb.
Is Cotopaxi Open for Climbing?
After recent Activity in August 2015, the governmet closed Cotopaxi National Park to the public for safety reasons due to heavy eruptions and gas outbursts, over the last 2 years, but reopened it in October 2017, now that the volcano has settled.
For safety reasons there is a maximum of two people per ASEGUIM certified mountain guide. If you are climbing solo it will be only yourself and the ASEGUIM certified mountain guide.
Cotopaxi Tours Costs
- If Alone $460 – 1 climber / 1 guide
- If 2 people $325 – 2climbers / 1 Guide
Climb Starts from the Jose Rivas mountain refuge, at midnight, we need at least 4 days in order to make all the paper work and reservations efective in order to book.
Training for cotopaxi; We recommend for climbers to get well acclimatized prior the start of the expedition. Cotopaxi can be a difficult trek, though without much technical experience needed. To insure your chance and experience of reaching the peak of Cotopaxi, we recommend some time for your body to adapt to the altitude, so you can be in your best condition. Do you want to Climb Mount Cotopaxi?
Finally don´t forget to check out our AMAZING LAST MINUTE ADVENTURE TOURS.
Would you like to know more?
Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands Adventure tours
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Small Group
Expedition starts on request with 1 or 2 climbers
- ALL Equipment: snow boots, crampons, ice axe, etc
- Warm clothing suitable for climbing the mountain
- Transportation to and from Mount Chimborazo
- Entrance permits to the Chimborazo National Park
- Accommodation in the Refugio (Base Camp)
- Dinner in the Refugio before the climb
- Snacks and Drinks during the climbAll breakfasts, lunches and dinners & dining
- Travel insurance and other emergencies.
- Extra snacks and water
- small back pack to carry snacks to the summit