Climb Cotopaxi And Chimborazo
IMPORTANT NOTICE: COTOPAXI IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR CLIMBING
Ask us about the alternatives to this package, Chimborazo is still open for Mountaineering.
This could be a personal Goal or achievement, this organized expedition takes 6 days, with adecuate aclimatization and in combination with mountain lodges and refuges.
Before the climbs, climbers can take acclimatization plans, or self-guided trips such as Rucu Pichincha, or Quilotoa loop trek, this are easy and can be done without the assistance of guides , then we can proceed to the major expeditions, first Cotopaxi and then Chimborazo Ecuador highest summit, and the closest point from Earth to the sun,
Climb Cotopaxi and Chimborazo, Ecuador´s 2 highest peaks.
- Climb Cotopaxi Volcano expedition, within the Cotopaxi National Park, is the second-largest mountain in Ecuador and its 5,897m (19,347ft) summit makes it one of the largest active volcanoes in the world.
We regret to inform you that Cotopaxi National Park is closed until further notice because of recent volcanic activity.
Mount Cotopaxi is the most popular climb in Ecuador because of its stunning views of the crater at the summit and because backpackers with no mountain climbing experience can attempt the climb.
- Chimborazo is the largest mountain in Ecuador and its 6,310 meters (20,565 ft) equatorial summit is the closest point to the sun on Earth. Our experienced high-altitude mountain guides are certified with the Ministry of Environment and Tourism to work inside Chimborazo National Park as well as ASEGUIM, the national mountain climbing association of Ecuador.
Training for Chimborazo: We recommend for climbers to get well acclimatized for Chimborazo prior to starting the expedition. Chimborazo is a difficult climb but it’s not a complete technical climb and most of the ascent is a steep trek up the side of the mountain.
Climb Chimborazo Costs:
- $1350 – 1 climber / 1 guide PRIVATE
- $980 – 2 climbers / 1 Guide
- Chimborazo High camp.
More and more climbers are choosing this new option, which starts at 5300 m, again the climb takes 2 days, but starting at this elevation cuts the attack time in almost half, making it even possible to climb the mountain in the afternoon, here is a short video of a rare Summit done by our clients at Sunset 6 pm.
- Note as of November 2021 all climbs in Chimborazo will start from high-camp at 5200
How to Train for Chimborazo?
Training for Chimborazo is all about endurance if you live at sea level, and this is your personal challenge, running long distances will give you the resistance your body needs for the actual climb.
At least two or three days at high elevation will allow your body to get used to the altitude, you can also trek a smaller mountain, such as Carihuairazo or Cotopaxi, this will take you about 5 days in total.
Are you traveling alone, and looking for climbing companions? find other climbers in Riobamba, or Join one of our existing groups, find available dates here
Climb Chimborazo with the BEST! check out our reviews in Trip Advisor, or in our Blog to see what our clients have to say.
Need a partner? Find companions with our Open Dates and tours here
Are you up for the adventure? Need more info? Contact us:
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level High-Altitude Climbing
- Climbing Certificate if Summit Successful
- ASEGUIM certified Mountain Guide
- All transportation and logistics From Riobamba
- National Park permits for climbing
- All Gear and camping equipment
- Accommodation in Riobamba according to the package selected
- Accommodation in acclimatization lodge and refugees, according to package
- Camping gear and equipment
- Meals as described in Itinerary
- Water and snacks for the climb
- Adventure Tour Insurance – First aid
- Back pack – and some essential gear
- Travel and health insurance
- Most lunches
- Additional rides and meals.